Monday, May 11, 2015

The Hawks of 5th Avenue

If you have not been living in a small hole many feet under the ground, you have probably heard about the famous Red-tailed Hawks nesting on an apartment building on 5th Avenue and 74th Street in New York. I hesitate to say the "Pale Male nest" due to this article. However, regardless of the male hawks's identity, I had an opportunity to go and observe these well-known birds from the famous Hawk Bench, the bench across from the nest in Central Park itself, where numerous scenes from the movie The Legend of Pale Male were shot.

So, enjoy the pictures and video!


The male hawk (I believe)

The female (I believe) carrying nesting material towards 5th Avenue

Mom with a hawklet

The view from the hawk bench

Mom and Hawklet Portrait I

Mom and Hawklets Portrait II (got two chicks in the same shot this
time, missed the third)

Mom and Hawklet Portrait III

Mom Solo Portrait 



            



No comments :

Post a Comment