Saturday, September 3, 2016

Back with an Update


Well, I've been away awhile, haven't I?

Just because I haven't been writing doesn't mean I haven't been birding. To prove my point, here are a bunch of photos.
  • All Over Queens, May 22 We took our NYSYBC Big Day on a second run, following the same route. Best bird: Worm-eating Warbler, Little Blue Heron. Total: 68 species, tying our count form 2015.
Tree Swallow
Tree Swallow
Warbling Vireo
Warbling Vireo
  • Nickerson Beach and Lido Beach Passive Nature Area, May 29 Some spring migrating shorebirds, and of course terns, skimmers and oystercatchers at Nickerson.
Black Skimmer


Dunlin
Dunlin
  • Nickerson Beach again, August 9 The terns had fledged and were learning how to fish. The skimmers had recently hatched and were very cute.
Black Skimmer Chick
Black Skimmer

Common Tern
Common Tern
  • Jamaica Bay Shorebird Festival, August 20 Shorebirds. Some other things too.

Short-billed Dowitcher
Short-billed Dowitcher

Laughing Gull
Laughing Gull

I've also updated the Photos page. Check it out!

No comments :

Post a Comment